Rob Verwer creëert ironische bouwsels en machinerieën.
Van varende auto's tot doltollende propellers.
De bouwsels ontstaan in de zoektocht naar nieuwe structuren.
Door de onverwachte combinaties van materialen en disciplines blijken er nieuwe vragen en crossovers te ontstaan.
De handelingen en gebaren van de bouwsels zijn absurd en grotesk en willen contrasteren met het gangbare.
Rob Verwer herbedenkt dagdagelijkse voorwerpen tot nieuwe structuur elementen.
Hij ontdoet ze van hun omhulling en geeft ze een nieuwe functie.
De herkomst van de materialen blijft zoveel mogelijk zichtbaar als historische onderlaag.
Rob Verwer werkt als kunstenaar | performer zowel autonoom als in opdracht.
Vaak in samen werking met zijn collega Meg Mercx
Rob Verwer's Life Walk
Fascinations and themes: Rob Verwer creates ironic structures and machinery. Anything from flying cars to madly rotating propellers.
2016 projects and exhibitions:
● "Klangfahraeder" Bochum (D) may-June 2016 2016 KLANG art music Biennale Niederrhein ArToll
● Sommerlabor Musikbienale Niederrhein 2016
2015 projects and exhibitions:
● "With The Colors And TheGraph Of Van Gogh Into The Landscape", a sculpture of landart in the Turka forest during the Landart Diessen festival, sept-Oct 2015, Dim.: 8 x 2 x 2, scrap-wooden skeleton covered with painted curl willow branches.
● participant with the installation "Recycle wind bicycle", fall open air museum-energy activities festival Arnhem
● "Lingolamp" computer-controlled installation that lets an infinite set of words light up at random, at various locations in Netherlands, Dim. 5 x 1.5 x 0.1 meter.
2014 projects and exhibitions:
● "ShapeSwing", Large-scale bicycle vehicle, participant int. Cargo bike festival, april 13, Vasim site Nijmegen
● working Wind mill, a m. i. r. project; participant with the installation recyclewind1, fall during Future City festival Arnhem
● "Biosphere" a landart sculpture in Turka forest during the Landart Diessen festival, sept-Oct 2014, 500 willow branches of 4 metres long supported against a trees group around an natural illuminated clearing in the forest.
2013 projects and exhibitions:
● M. I. R. project participant with installation Cycle printer 1
● compliment corner: interactive installation during FOUR-DAYS-MARCH Nijmegen in the Valkhof Museum in Nijmegen
● Art Meets Science; Art-Crumbles # 10 participant with the installation performance Cycleprinter 1
2012 projects and exhibitions:
● Internationale Kunst en natuurroute Schoonoord, beeldengroep Luctor et Emergo
● De Waferlamp:commuityproject aangekocht door en in opdracht van NXP, Nijmegen
● Dode Kunst & Levende Techniek # I, Pilotproject in Cultuur Borrel(t) Art-Crumbles , Nijmegen
2011 projects and exhibitions:
● WUNDERKAMMER, aug- sept, 2011, Artoll Kunstlabor(D)
● LICHT-SPIEL-ORTE, maart- april 2011, Artoll Kunstlabor & Museum Huis Bergh, 's Heerenberg(D Nl)
● Partner & Co 425 Jaar Schenkenschanz, Mei- Juli 2011
● Grensland 2011, Internationale Kunst en natuurroute, Mei- Dec 2011
2010 projects and exhibitions:
● Bienale of Gelderland, okt 2010-jan 2011, Nijmegen Museum Valhof and other satellite locations (NL)
● Hemels a modern-classical music performance with installations of Rob Verwer, July 2010, Nijmegen, Arnhem, Bennekom (NL)
● Landart sculptures at: Kunstwiese, June-July 2010, Eschenau, (Austria)
● The Flying Dutchman at: ARTCOLOGNE, May-June 2010, Koeln (D) ● Artcrumbles # 7, April 2010, Nijmegen (NL)
2009 projects and exhibitions:
Movement of Enlightment at: Different places, Different Stories, Artoll, Bedburg Hau (D) in cooperation. Meg Mercx, augustus Meg Mercx, August-Nov
● Carpe Diem, image group at: 25th.Music-meeting, Nijmegen (NL), in collaboration with colleague Meg Mercx May / June
● The Mountain and the Red Sea are Moving" at: Art crumbles # 6 ,Nijmegen (NL), Installation " in March
2008 projects and exhibitions: Twilight, Image Group at: Kunstroute, Flevoland (NL) Supporting and registration Meg Mercx.Juni till November ● Luctor et Emergo, Image Group at: 24nd Music Meeting, Nijmegen (NL) in May
● The Mountains are Stirring , solo exhibition at: CBK Nijmegen (NL) April
● Spinning ,kinetic installation at: event Art crumbles # 5, Han-building Nijmegen (NL) in March
2007 Projects and Exhibitions: ● The Mountains are Stirring, Kinetic installations at: Artoll art-Laboratory. Exhibition "Artoll ruft that Berge" Bedburg Hau (D) November
● Moving Plants at: art event Art crumbles Han Building # 4 Nijmegen (NL) in September
● From Shame to incandescent lamp, designed sculpture commissioned by the city of Nijmegen in collaboration with Meg Mercx, at world climate-day, July
● Torsion Installation at: Art crumbles # 3, Nijmegen (NL) in June
● 90 shadows-sculptures at the 23nd Music Meeting Nijmegen (NL) in May
2006 Projects and Exhibitions:
● Installation at art event Art crumbles # 1, Old Han building Nijmegen (NL), September
● "Why Homo Erectus? Installation at Artoll art-Laboratory. Exhibition " Snowball in March " Bedburg Hau(D) Bedburg Hau (D)
● "Portal Conzienza Della Della Natura" Landart installation at Bienniale Valombrosa, Ticino (CH)
● Evening Landscape, exhibition graphics at the SNS Bank Nijmegen. (NL)
2005 Projects and Exhibitions:
● " Under Clouds birds are flying', Arte-Tainment Project at the Fabrique in Maarssen (NL) in collaboration with Meg Mercx, October
● "TVEEL" multimedia installation project with 20 TVs. ,Utrecht (NL), october
● "Dyno" A 6 meters long dynosoarus built of scrap wood with 75 Vmbo students in may
● Shadow Images, at: Eindhoven Airport, in collaboration with Meg Mercx. Eindhoven (NL) in nov.
● Evening Landscape, exhibition graphics Canisius Hospital. Nijmegen (NL)
2004 Exhibitions and projects:
● Open Studios, The Vasim, Nijmegen. (NL)
● Project "the Tower of Babel", scap-wood tower of 20 meters high located in floodplains build only with hands, Doornenburg (NL)
● "As your shadow marching through here." 100 scrap-wood sculptures placed in Millingen a / d Rijn (NL) during art event between Heaven and Sand: with Meg Mercx
● Dream Car, truck built for the art school in Millingen a / d Rijn (NL)
● "SILK", Installation and performance: the welcome act of visual theater ensemble the Luna-tics, the Vasim, Nijmegen (NL)
● Luctor et Emergo, Decor for the show of "Clemens vd Ven Soloin the city theater Nijmegen with Meg Mercx
2002-2003 Exhibitions and Performances:
● "Luctor et Emergo" Image Group, Participation in Demo Love Field in 2003 with fellow artist Meg Mercx, Hamburg (D) ● "Air Bicycle Park-Exhibition, Hamburg (D) ● Expressive art and lithographs, in the 'Arsenal' Nijmegen. (NL)
● "Luctor et Emergo". At manifestation Images on the dike, from Kekerdom to (D) collaboration with fellow artist Meg Mercx
● "The Cow of Troy, permanently installed sculpture in collaboration with fellow artist Meg Mercx in commision at de kleine aarde, Boxtel (NL)
● "The ENERGYBIKE An environnemental project in commision at de kleine aarde, Boxtel (NL)
2000-2002 Exhibitions and Performances:
● Monthly exhibition at the glassfactory, of artistinitiative 'Pilot Men in the Glassfactory' with monthly variable work. Nijmegen (NL)
● Multi-media, spatial and graphic work, Nijmegen (NL)
● Zeppelin Project: At the Liberationfestival in collaboration with Andreas Hetfeld, Nijmegen (NL).
● Lithographs, solo exhibition in gallery "The Departure" in Huissen (NL).
● "Moment" a light image installation with a teaspoon. Fluorescenttubes and a steam generator at 'Pilot Men in the Glassfactory' Nijmegen (NL)
2000-1994 Exhibitions and performances:
● "Thumb Wall Project during Day of the Generations" in 1999 Sonsbeek park in Arnhem (NL)
● "Speed of a car in the rivierProject 1998 in Mook (NL)
● Group exhibition of artists' center with the Kronenburg Lithographs and paintings, Nijmegen 1998
● Group exhibition in gallery "The Heron" in Wijk bij Duurstede with Lithographs 1998
● Lithographs: Graduation exhibition in Utrecht in 1997
● LithografienGroepstentoonstelling Gallery 'Besselaar in Utrecht 1997
● Solo Exhibition at the 'Veerhuis "in 1994 Oeffelt
1993-1997 HKU School of fine Arts Utrecht, graphics and painting (NL)
1990-1993 AIVE Academy for Industrial Design Eindhoven (NL)
1985, HTS Higher Technical School, 's Hertogenbosch (NL)